In 2018 we are offering four optional pre-conference excursions. All pre-conference excursions have an additional cost listed below for transport, food, and the excursion’s event (tour, etc.).
- All 2018 pre-conference excursions are open only to citizen bloggers, published writers, press, and their family members or significant others who are also registered for the conference. Please contact us if you have questions about this.
- If you must cancel your spot, your conference registration fee and excursion fee are 50% refundable through July 24, 2018 and not refundable after that.
- All excursions will take place on Friday, August 24 from 9:00am – 12:00pm and begin and end at the Royal Sonesta, the conference hotel.
Walking Tour of NOLA’s Culinary Scene presented by Custom Conventions
Join Marc Preuss, former owner of Broussard’s restaurant in the French Quarter, as he guides you on a walking tour through the New Orleans culinary scene. Go behind the scenes for an insider view and learn personal anecdotes about some of New Orleans’ most famous restaurants and award winning chefs and also experience famous landmarks such as the St. Louis Cathedral, The Napoleon House, and Madame John’s Legacy, to mention a few. Learn about and experience, New Orleans coffee – hold the chicory, the French Market (second oldest public market in the USA), NOLA street food – it’s not what you think, and the culinary history – it’s all in the Vieux Carre!
- Max capacity: 25
- Pickup: Royal Sonesta fountain at 9:00am
- $30/person includes food and tour
- Reserve your spot on this walking tour here
Taste the Difference @ Tal’s Hummus presented by Israel Ministry of Tourism