The International Food Blogger Conference was the first food blogger conference in the world and many still consider it the best. Started in 2009 in Seattle, Washington by Foodista, the conference is now in its tenth year.
While the conference is oriented towards food bloggers, it is also very applicable to other food media, wine bloggers, food brands, and PR companies. Here are a few reasons why you should consider attending:
- Excellent Content of relevance to food bloggers and digital media influencers including sessions on writing, social media, technology, community building, career growth, and marketing
- Outstanding Food from our sponsors and local restaurants, including options for special diets. Here are just some of the food events you will experience:
- Expo & Taste of New Orleans: In addition to our sponsors, 10 – 15 local restaurants will be serving small bites at the Expo and Taste of New Orleans.
- Gift Suite: Our gift suite, in which you get to choose which products you wish to take home with you, is one of the best in the industry.
- Live Food Social: Perhaps our signature event, this is like speed dating for foodies in which 20 – 25 local food producers will each have five minutes to present to a table of IFBC attendees, repeated for ten rounds.
- Lunch Encounters: Choose three of four lunch sponsors to spend 30 minutes with each, learning about and trying the product .
- Food Workshops: One-hour learning experiences capped at 35 people per workshop.
- Food Discovery Sessions: Hear from a sponsor about their product, which you will taste in the session. Like a breakout session but involving food.
- Excursions: Start or end the conference with a visit to a local food company, region, restaurant, etc.
- Pre-Conference and Post-Conference Excursions that allow you to see the Sacramento area and visit a part of the nation’s most dynamic food production regions
- Networking – and Fun! – with your fellow attendees at this intimate gathering of approximately 300 passionate foodies
Please join us August 24 – August 26, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana!
“I’ve attended almost every IFBC and the reason is that this is one conference where the seminars are truly valuable. The topics chosen show that IFBC is keeping in tune with the ever changing aspects of the internet and blogging. Blogging has dramatically changed from early years where you made money off of online advertising. It’s now more about becoming involved in ones’ community and industry.” Catherine Enfield – Munchie Musings – IFBC 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016
“All the staff is fun and the event was exceptional in 2016. Just keep up the great work and look forward to enlightening speakers and breakouts.” Jerald Herron – Foodie Made Simple – IFBC 2016
“It was wonderful being able to network with like minded individuals. We are so happy that it will be once again in Sacramento, we cannot wait.” Dan Pogetti – Love and Risotto – IFBC 2016
“The three IFBCs that I attended were extremely well done – and for a blogger that has a full-time job outside of food blogging, this really gave me an opportunity to think critically and strategically about my focus areas for the future – as well as bounce ideas off of others who are well respected in the industry.” Dawn K. – First Look Then Cook – IFBC 2013, 2014, 2015
“Look forward to another GREAT conference in Sacramento!” Doug Brown – Real Food Finds – IFBC 2014, 2016