Below is a skeleton agenda for IFBC18 in New Orleans. All events will take place at the Royal Sonesta New Orleans unless otherwise indicated. Please add your email address to the Get IFBC News box to the right to stay informed. Previous years’ agendas and speakers can be found in our Archives.
Friday, August 24
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM Pre-Conference Excursions: We will have two or three optional pre-conference excursions to local restaurants and businesses in New Orleans. We highly recommend you participate! Details to come as excursions are finalized.
2:00 – 7:30 PM Registration: Our registration area will be open daily.
2:15 – 3:15 PM Food & Beverage Workshops: These small-group (maximum of 35 people), intensive workshops are designed to provide you with inside access to a specific aspect of food blogging such as food styling, food preparation, recipe creation, specialty diets, food photography, wine tasting, cocktail mixing, etc. Additional charge of $15 and pre-registration is required.
3:30 – 4:30 PM Food & Beverage Workshops: These small-group (maximum of 35 people), intensive workshops are designed to provide you with inside access to a specific aspect of food blogging such as food styling, food preparation, recipe creation, specialty diets, food photography, wine tasting, cocktail mixing, etc. Additional charge of $15 and pre-registration is required.
4:30 – 6:30 PM Expo, Taste of New Orleans, Gift Suite, Book Fair & Meet the Speakers: Five amazing events combined into one!
- The Expo is your chance to meet our sponsors and taste the food and drink they are offering as you network your way around the booths.
- We’ll have your mouths watering at the Taste of New Orleans, where we’ll invite 15 to 20 local restaurants to come in and serve small bites highlighting their best dishes.
- Our renowned Gift Suite is an IFBC special event, with dozens of products you can select from (or take one of each!) to take home with you from New Orleans.
- The IFBC Book Fair is an opportunity for cookbook authors to share their books and for attendees to peruse and even purchase books they want to take home. It’s also a great way to ask the authors questions (might even make for a great Q&A blog post!). Are you an author? All you have to do to participate in the book fair is register for the conference.
- Finally Meet the Speakers as you network your way around the room. It’s an opportunity to say hi, thank you or even ask any pressing questions you have for them.
6:30 – 7:30 PM Lightning Talks: New in 2018, we will have 10 of your fellow attendees get up on stage to deliver five-minute, Ignite-style “Lightning Talks”. With 15 slides each advancing automatically on 20-second intervals, speakers have to be on the top of their game to deliver fun, informative, often hilarious talks. We will ask for volunteers about six weeks prior to the conference.
Saturday, August 25
8:00 AM – 4:35 PM Registration and Expo Tables: Our sponsors will be available all day for you to make connections.
9:00 – 9:30 AM Official Conference Opening & Orientation: We’ll review the upcoming two days of conference material so you know how to maximize your time and get the most out of the conference.
9:30 – 10:15 AM Keynote Speaker
10:15 – 11:15 AM All-Group Session
11:15 – 11:30 AM Break
11:30 AM – 1:20 PM Lunch Assembly: Choose one of four food brands who will provide a short presentation and small-plate dish and then rotate to two other presentations.
- 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Choose one of four presentations to attend
- 12:10 – 12:40 PM: Choose one of four presentations to attend
- 12:50 – 1:20 PM: Choose one of four presentations to attend
1:20 – 1:35 PM Break
1:35 – 2:35 PM Breakout Sessions: Choose One of Three
- B2I: Brands to Influencers: This networking session will include 25 brand representatives looking to hire food bloggers/influencers. Each brand will have five minutes to meet an attendee, make a connection, and possibly decide to hire that person. We will have ten “rounds” in total. Brands, all you need to do to participate is register for the conference and be interested in hiring influencers. Attendees will have the option one month in advance of the conference to sign up for up to three meetings with brands, first come first served.
2:35 – 2:50 PM Break
2:50 – 3:50 PM PM Discovery Sessions: Discovery Sessions are your opportunity to learn about one aspect of the food world, up close and personal, usually with both an educational and tasting component. Choose from one of two sessions.
3:50 – 4:05 PM Break
4:05 – 5:05 PM All-Group Session
5:05 – 6:05 PM Live Food Social: Live Food Social (previously called Live Food Blogging) is becoming the signature event of the International Food Blogger Conference. We will invite 20 local food producers to come in and present to our group. The key is the format is sort of like speed dating, with each producer having five minutes to present their product to a table of attendees, all while the food influencers taste, evaluate, and write about, photograph, and video their thoughts, posting to blogs and social media as they go. After five minutes, producers rotate to a new table and we do it all again for 10 rounds in total. Live Food Social is fast, fun, and sometimes crazy!
6:05 – 7:35 PM Reception
Sunday, August 26
Breakfast on Your Own
7:00 – 8:00 AM Optional Fun Run and Walk: Join a local guide for either a run or walk through central New Orleans, both to learn about the area and get in a little exercise!
9:00 – 11:00 AM Crowd-Sourced Content: We will put out a Call for Content and Speakers in the coming month and then put proposals to a vote of our alumni, so we are presenting what you want to hear. These will be fast-paced, content-laden sessions.
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM: Session 1
- 9:30 – 10:00 AM: Session 2
- 10:00 – 10:30 AM: Session 3
- 10:30 – 10:40 AM: Break
- 10:40 – 11:10 AM: Session 4
- 11:10 – 11:40 AM: Session 5
11:40 – 12:00 PM Conference Close and Announcement of 2019