Following is a preliminary agenda*. We will post additional items as they are confirmed. All sessions take place at the Sacramento Convention Center unless otherwise noted. Previous years’ agendas and speakers can be found in our Archives.
*Agenda items are subject to change based upon speaker availability and scheduling.
Thursday, September 28
3:00 – 9:00 PM Pre-Conference Excursions: Choose to register for a pre-conference excursion that will delve into the regional food and beverage scene. Details to coming soon. There will be a small additional cost to attend.
Friday, September 29
Breakfast on Your Own: Our host hotel, the Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park offers a free hot buffet breakfast for its guests.
8:00 AM – 7:30 PM Registration & Book Display – Our registration area will be open daily. Stop by and browse fellow attendees’ cookbooks on our book display table.
8:00 – 8:45 AM Optional Yoga Session – We’ll be hosting a basic yoga session in California Capitol State Park for those interested in a little morning stretch session to start the day.
9:30 – 9:45 AM Official Conference Opening
9:45 – 10:30 AM Keynote Speaker TBA
10:30 – 11:30 AM All-Group Session TBA
11:30 AM – 1:15 PM Lunch (on your own) & Gift Suite – Make sure to stop by our gift suite before or after lunch to check out this year’s goodies and takeaways.
1:15 – 2:15 PM Breakout Sessions: Choose one of two
2:15 – 2:30 PM Break
2:30 – 3:30 PM Breakout Sessions: Choose one of two
- Get Paid For Your Posts – Gabi Logan: A step-by-step process for finding the right companies to target, how to put together a blogging proposal at the rate that pays your bills, close the client in one call & how to do paperwork that protects you.
- Let’s Talk Massive Instagram Growth – Stefani Pollack & Scott Thomas: As bloggers that each grew to a 300K following on Instagram with 1,000 new followers a day, thee’ll discuss how to grow an engaged Instagram following and how to make money from it as a blogger.
3:30 – 3:45 PM Break
3:45 – 4:45 PM Discovery Session
5:00 – 7:00 PM Expo & Reception – Enjoy a glass of wine, mingle with your friends, meet new IFBC attendees, and say hello to our partners at this pre-dinner meet & greet.
Saturday, September 30
Breakfast on Your Own: Our host Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park has a free hot buffet breakfast.
7:15 – 8:15 AM Optional Fun Run Departing From the Residence Inn – Savor our host city on this morning fun run as we start day two.
9:00 – 9:50 AM Breakout Sessions: Choose one of two
- Creating Videos for Under $100 – Lennis Perez: Learn how to make amazing food videos without breaking the bank by using simple, inexpensive props and tools, and finishing the videos with free editing software.
- Why Bloggers Need to Know SEO – Jennifer Bourn: Discover strategies and tools to help you leverage SEO to attract new visitors to your site and increase organic search traffic. Learn about on page optimization, image optimization, and content optimization, as well as critical schema markup for recipes and social media.
9:50 – 10:05 AM Break
10:05 – 10:55 AM Breakout Sessions: Choose one of two
- Beyond the Blog – Panel: Blogging can be the entry to a career in professional writing and business opportunities. Join moderator Midgi Moore with panelists Lori Rice, Laura Sampson, Shanna Jones, and Felice Sloan who will look at how to put your blog to work for you, and how you can break into a career in food, writing, photography, events, etc.
- How to Write a Scroll-Worthy Blog Post – Margaret Andrews: This session will teach bloggers how to write posts that will attract new readers and keep them coming back for more by hooking them right from the start, keeping them engaged, and hitting the subscribe button.
10:55 – 11:10 AM Break
11:10 AM – 12:00 PM Breakout Sessions: Choose one of two
- Google Analytics for Maximum Engagement – Stephanie Stiavetti: This advanced class will teach you how to effectively use Google Analytics so you can see exactly how many of your readers are doing what you want them to do, and where they’re falling off along the way.
- Hungry for Words – Keep Your Writing Fresh through Observation – Kathleen Flinn: So often a blog feels like a beast to feed. Learn to find details, moments and experiences that will keep your work relevant and interesting to your readers, but also to you!
12:00 – 1:45 PM Lunch – Taste of Sacramento
1:45 – 2:45 PM Discovery Sessions: Choose one of two. These sponsored sessions provide in-depth encounters with a drink or food product.
2:45 – 3:00 PM Break
3:00 – 4:00 PM Discovery Sessions: Choose one of two. These sponsored sessions provide in-depth encounters with a drink or food product.
4:00 – 4:15 PM Break
4:15 – 5:15 PM Live Food & Drink Blogging: This is one of the premier experiences of the International Food Blogger Conference. Attendees will experience 10 different food and drink products in small-group encounters over a 50 minute period, all the while live blogging, Tweeting, and using other social media platforms in real time.
5:15 – 5:30 PM Conference Close and Announcement of 2018 Date & Location
5:30 – 7:30 PM Presentation & Reception: Hear about one aspect of the food and drink world, try some great eats, and mingle with your fellow attendees.
Sunday, October 1
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM Post-Con Excursions: Choose from among three optional post-conference excursions that will delve into the regional Sacramento food scene. Details to come soon. There will be a small additional cost to attend.