The International Food Blogger Conference was the first food blogger conference in the world and many still consider it the best. Started in 2009 in Seattle, Washington by Foodista, the conference is now in its eleventh year.
The conference is not just oriented towards food bloggers. The IFBC caters to food bloggers, food writers, food social media influencers, food brands, and PR companies. Here are a few reasons why you should consider attending:
- Excellent Content of relevance to food bloggers, food writers, and digital media influencers including sessions on writing, social media, technology, community building, career growth, and marketing. We specifically attempt to meet the needs of three audiences:
- Beginning Bloggers: Bloggers and social media users just starting out will find out that the IFBC’s small size and family-like environment is very welcoming and that while you will be writing frantically and not understanding everything, your takeaways will be lengthy. We even offer a Welcome to the IFBC intro session for newbies!
- Experienced Influencers: Our attendees tell us over and over they want advanced-level content and we make sure to emphasize this for all content sessions.
- Entrepreneurs: We at Zephyr Conferences are entrepreneurs ourselves so this comes naturally to us. Much of our content relates to how you move your hobby to become a business.
- Outstanding Food from our sponsors and local restaurants, including options for special diets. Here are just some of the food events you will experience:
- Opening Reception: The opening reception will be hosted by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute and feature amazing local seafood.
- Taste of Juneau: 15-20 local restaurants will be serving small bites at the Taste of Juneau reception.
- Gift Suite: Our gift suite, in which you get to choose which products you wish to take home with you, is one of the best in the industry. This year’s Gift Suite will feature Alaska products only.
- Live Food Social: Our signature event, this is like speed dating for foodies in which 15 food producers will each have five minutes to present to a table of IFBC attendees, repeated for ten rounds.
- Food Discovery Sessions: Hear from a sponsor about their product, which you will taste in the session. Like a breakout session but involving food.
- Pre-Conference and Post-Conference Excursions that allow you to see the Juneau area’s food scene and outdoor wonders
- Networking – and Fun! – with your fellow attendees at this intimate gathering of approximately 300 passionate foodies
Please join us June 20 – 23, 2019 in Juneau, Alaska!
“I’ve attended almost every IFBC and the reason is that this is one conference where the seminars are truly valuable. The topics chosen show that IFBC is keeping in tune with the ever changing aspects of the internet and blogging. Blogging has dramatically changed from early years where you made money off of online advertising. It’s now more about becoming involved in ones’ community and industry.” Catherine Enfield – Munchie Musings
“All the staff is fun and the event was exceptional. Just keep up the great work and look forward to enlightening speakers and breakouts.” Jerald Herron – Foodie Made Simple
“It was wonderful being able to network with like minded individuals. We are so happy to attend again, we cannot wait.” Dan Pogetti – Love and Risotto
“The three IFBCs that I attended were extremely well done – and for a blogger that has a full-time job outside of food blogging, this really gave me an opportunity to think critically and strategically about my focus areas for the future – as well as bounce ideas off of others who are well respected in the industry.” Dawn K. – First Look Then Cook
“Look forward to another GREAT conference next year!” Doug Brown – Real Food Finds