The International Food Blogger Conference will take place from June 20 – 23, 2019 in Juneau, Alaska. Registration is open now!
Ever been to Alaska? It’s an amazing state and is easier to get to than you might think.” Juneau, the capital city, is a fantastic small town of 32,000 people situated at the base of Mount Roberts, nestled near the huge Mendenhall Glacier, and surrounded by forests and water. In fact, there are no roadways connecting Juneau to any other cities! Here is a quick visual overview of Juneau:
The wilderness and sense of adventure is only part of the draw. Juneau’s food scene is booming, including outstanding restaurants, award-winning chefs, and our own alumna Midgi Moore’s Juneau Food Tours, recently named one of America’s must-try food tours by USA Today. See this short video for a taste of Juneau’s food:
We are extremely pleased to be working with our friends at Travel Juneau to make sure this is a must-attend event. Here is what is in store:
- An opening reception sponsored by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute and the Alaskan Brewing Co
- A Taste of Juneau event featuring 15-20 local restaurants serving small bites
- An Alaska-focused Gift Suite that will allow you to pick and choose from among a variety of Alaskan packaged foods
- Pre-Conference and Post-Conference Excursions getting you out of the meeting hall and into the local food and adventure scene
- A rate of $179 (excellent for high season in Juneau) for the Westmark Baranof hotel – you can book your IFBC room online now using group code IFBC2019
- Only a short two-hour flight from Seattle with a 10% discount offered by Alaska Airlines
- 18 hours and 15 minutes of sunlight while we are there!
- The great content, speakers, networking, and fun you expect at the IFBC!
We at the IFBC try hard to locate our conference in exciting food destinations worthy of your time as a busy food blogger, writer, or social media influencer. We believe Juneau is just that and hope you can join us in 2019.