This guest post is by IFBC19 sponsor Trident Seafoods
10g Protein Noodles™: made with wild Alaska Pollock
10g protein • 7g Carbs
8 Ingredients • Gluten Free
Introducing 10g Protein Noodles – a revolutionary protein-powered alternative to traditional noodles. Made from sustainable Wild Alaska Pollock, they’re fully-cooked and flavor neutral, made with 100% natural, non-GMO ingredients. Swap them into ramens, bowls, and salads for a versatile twist on noodle-based dishes.
Inspired by Tradition
For centuries, noodles made with fish have appeared on menus in some of the finest sushi and Asian restaurants in the world. The noodle-making process is quite simple: start with fresh fish, puree, add salt, add flour or starches, roll or extrude the dough through a ricer or a pasta maker, then boil in water.
Here at Trident, we were inspired by this age-old process. And to make artisanal noodles that are convenient and easy for you to enjoy, we put our own twist on it, refining the process to work on a larger scale. In keeping with tradition, we use simple ingredients – 8 to be exact. Packed with 10 grams of protein per serving, our noodles are a great way for you to get hooked on the protein your body craves.
We start with the finest Wild Alaska Pollock that’s caught and processed within hours of harvest. We filet and puree it, then add sea salt and a touch of sugar to lock in the just-caught freshness of the sea. Because we use tapioca and potato starch, our noodles are gluten free.
To bring you a flavor neutral noodle with a pleasing texture and firm bite we use a proprietary process. Here’s how it works:
- Pureed Alaska Pollock – also known as surimi – is combined with 7 ingredients, then homogenized and blended under vacuum. This ensures a noodle with a smooth and consistent texture.
- Next, we extrude the surimi into a noodle form similar to a rice noodle or fettuccine pasta.
- We then cook the noodle. Instead of using hot water, we use infrared heat and steam to cook them in order to prevent sogginess and ensure fresh artisan quality.
- After they’re cooked, we cut and package the noodles while they are still warm, then pasteurize them to ensure food safety.
- Finally, we freeze or chill the noodles, depending on which final product form, in order to lock in freshness for you to enjoy, or serve to your guests.
The Trident Difference
We’ve taken a time-honored method for making noodles to a new place – one that allows us to offer a healthy and appetizing alternative to traditional noodles, and one that uses a sustainable source of protein. The result is a noodle you can feel good about eating.
- Alaska Pollock
- Egg Whites
- Tapioca Starch
- Cane Sugar
- Sea Salt
- Potato Starch
- Citric Acid
Use it in recipes!