The IFBC21 Social Media Virtual Summit took place on January 15, 2021. Our highest-rated session was with Pinterest expert Nadalie Bardo which received a score of 4.6/5. Read on to learn how to maximize your time on Pinterest. *This is a summary of her talk. You can view the full video session by registering now.*
Let’s get into it!
1. Switch to seasonal content and pin 45 days before the holiday starts!
- Winter (December – February)
- Spring (March-May)
- Summer (June – August)
- Fall (September – Novemeber)
In order to maximize your time, you need to plan ahead. This includes switching to seasonal content and having pins up before the season or holiday even starts. We all want trendy and relevant content, but how do we know what and when to post?
- Check out the following resources:
- Pinterest Trends
- Pinterest 100
- Pinterest Predicts
- Google Trends
- Analytics (Pinterest, Google, and Tailwind)
2. Fresh pins vs. Repins
Fresh pins don’t necessarily take more time. Nadalie recommends using a pin template and switching to video pins instead of repining old posts to new boards. Use Canva to change out the type and photos but keep the same content, then pin again.
- How do you get more time to create new posts? STOP doing the following:
- Repining to group boards
- Worrying about repins
- Wasting time in Facebook groups
- Worry about tracking pins
- Using Tailwind Smartloops
- Now, what should you be doing? START with the following:
- Pining mostly your pins
- Designing multiple pins per post
- Refreshing old pins
- Making your pins “seasonal”
- Testing and trying designs
3. Pining Intentionally vs Accidentally
Everyone debates scheduling pins vs manually pining, but it’s not about how you pin, it’s about why.
- Figure out the following:
- What time of the week is best to pin? (Check Google Analytics)
- What time of the day is best to pin? (Check Google Analytics)
- What is the best board to pin to? (Check Pinterest Analytics)
- What is the best pin design? (Check Pinterest Business Hub)
To view all sessions from the January 15, 2021, Social Media Virtual Summit check out our Agenda Page.
Join us at our next live event! More information can be found on the Virtual Event page.