We are pleased to announce a number of new changes to the International Food Blogger Conference, most prominent of which is this new website.
The IFBC is now in its ninth season and we change things every year. But for 2017, we are making the following significant changes, all with the goal of presenting a better experience for our attendees, sponsors, and speakers.
- We have created this new website to provide the IFBC a distinct identity from Foodista.com, host of the previous site. Foodista.com is a large, complicated site and this new one will make it easier to highlight the IFBC.
- We finally activated our email RSS feed. People have been providing us their email for years without our RSS feed ever being implemented but now those of you on the list will receive an email each time we publish a news post. Join via the box to the right!
- We have a new, fantastic Advisory Board that will help us with content and speaker suggestions, securing local food providers, and just about anything else. Please check them out.
- We have launched two new social media accounts. You can now find the IFBC on Pinterest and Instagram. Be sure to follow us there! And for past IFBC attendees, as well as those registered for #IFBC17, don’t forget you can request to join our Facebook Group for conference updates, news and information.
- We are switching the content and speakers role from Foodista to fellow organizer Zephyr Conferences. Foodista has arranged the content and speakers from the beginning and we decided to try something new. Zephyr will use the same system it successfully uses in its other five conferences (public Call for Content this month followed by a vote by conference alumni of potential sessions).
- We are trying a new venue by holding #IFBC17 in the Sacramento Convention Center. One of the positives is that it allows us to find a very nice, low-cost host hotel which we couldn’t otherwise use since it doesn’t have meeting space.
- We have brought on food blogger and business owner Kristy Wenz to help with marketing and planning of the conference. You will all be hearing from Kristy in the coming months and can meet her in Sacramento!
We hope to see all of you in Sacramento!